Working in the communications and media industries offers a new challenge everyday. You can complete training in the workplace, gain new skills and set yourself up for a great career.
The following are a few tips for getting started:
- Have a think about what career interests you and your particular likes/strengths. Check out the Careers Pathways for our different industries.
- Find out about the qualifications that are available (choose from Print & Packaging, Journalism & Signmaking).
- If you are at school, talk to your Careers Advisor about getting some work experience or participating in the Gateway programme.
- If you are about to leave or have left school, prepare your CV and visit companies in your area to ask about work experience opportunities and/or job vacancies.
- Already employed? Talk to your employer about what type of training would benefit you. Contact CMITO to discuss this further - 0800 654 455.