The Training Process
Workplace training is a partnership between the employee, employer and the ITO.
The following steps provide a brief outline of what is involved in signing onto a training programme. As workplace training involves the support and guidance of your employer, their support is a vital part of the process.
- Contact CMITO and talk to us about training options (or have your employer do so) - phone 0800 654 455.
- With your employer, fill out a Training Agreement form (see related resources on this page).
- As part of the sign-up process, some programmes require a quick pre-training check so we can ensure the right level of support is in place.
- CMITO will work with you to develop a Training Plan, outlining reasonable timelines for progress through to completion.
- You will need to work through the CMITO training material with the support of your workplace trainer/mentor.
- Your CMITO Training Advisor will visit three times a year to monitor progress and provide advice. We are available by phone or email anytime.
- You complete the required assessments, in the workplace and/or by sending in portfolio/s of work to be marked. Sometimes a CMITO Training Advisor/Assessor will visit you to carry out a workplace assessment.
- Once all assessments have been successfully completed, CMITO will send your Completion Certificate and/or National Certificate or Diploma.
- Talk to CMITO about other training to build on your existing skills and knowledge.